Forge a (literal) path in a national park. Get your hands dirty on an urban farm. Plant something. Start a conversation with a stranger. Help introduce an endangered species back into the wild. Band together. Swing a hammer. Sort school supplies for families in need. Taste a different food. Build a greenhouse. Serve a meal. Follow directions. Help others do the same. Get inspired by the kind of progress you can see, and the kind of change you can feel.
Ready to dig in?
Work directly with organizations to improve food access in Chicago communities. See how food travels from plant to plate through projects with local NGOs like urban farms and food depositories. Your group will support initiatives such as:
- Distribution of produce in “food deserts”
- Urban agriculture and farming
- Donation sorting for families in need
Experience the island's lush, tropical landscapes as you help restore and protect the valuable natural resources of Puerto Rico. Your group will support initiatives such as:
- Coastline preservation
- Mangrove reforestation
- Construction and maintenance of community greenhouses
Take in the natural beauty and the rich cultural traditions of the American Southwest while also helping to preserve them for future generations. Your group will support initiatives such as:
- Trail building in the region's national parks
- The California condor's reintroduction into the wild
- Youth engagement in Native American communities