At EF Explore America, we partner with teachers to create 3- to 10-day, fully escorted educational travel programs for their students. Your role as the on-the-ground face of our company is the most important aspect of a remarkable customer experience.Specifically, your job will be:
- Executing a travel itinerary and making the destination and sights come alive for your group
- Managing logistics and safety while providing a local, cultural, and historical narrative
- Giving your student traveler group a once-in-a-lifetime educational travel
Tour Directing is a fantastic and flexible role for someone who enjoys working independently, connects quickly with others, can think on his/her feet, and has a true passion for providing experiential learning opportunities to students. You’ll join a team of dedicated travel professionals, and benefit from all the resources and support you need to make each travel program you lead into a success story.
Our most visited cities are Washington, D.C., New York City, and Boston. Tour Directing with EF Explore America is seasonal contract work between March and June (first year Tour Directors can expect to lead 3-6 programs within that time frame).
A successful EF Tour Director…
- Makes (sound) decisions independently
- Solves problems creatively with the needs of the group in mind
- Is extroverted, confident, and enthusiastic
- Leads and persuades others in a constructive way
- Knows when to follow the itinerary and when to head off the beaten path
- Partner with Group Leaders, bus drivers, and others to coordinate an enjoyable and rewarding educational travel program
- Assume primary responsibility for travelers’ day-to-day safety and well-being
- Execute the pre-established travel itinerary and make changes as necessary
- Provide commentary and guidance to enhance the travel experience
- Offer advice on food, shopping, and tourism options during free time
- Travel and stay in hotels with the group throughout the educational travel program
- Manage tablet-based completion of Group Leader evaluation of the trip
- Maintain daily expense accounts, retain receipts, and meet trip budgets
- Send trip debrief reports and feedback in a timely fashion
We are currently accepting applications for our 2015 tour season. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make yourself stand out by including a short video of yourself showing us why you would be a great Tour Director for EF Explore America!